Thursday 26 April 2012

Recipe........... Slutty Brownies

This is a recipe found on Stumble Upon......have you tried the web site yet??  Brilliant.  You put in a lost of interests and they find websites for you, different every time you click!  You find all sorts of stuff you wouldn't otherwise....hence this recipe.  I swear I have put on weight just reading it.  Definitely one for the holidays when I won't have to move for a while after baking/eating these very sinful brownies.






Find the recipes and more delicious pictures on
 http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/2bFBhn/:1$E3._fbc:XgQpSHAm/www.thelondoner.me/2011/06/slutty-brownies.html/


For those who are gluten free here is another version.

I’ve only been gluten free about two months so I’ve not yet mastered the art of gluten free baking. To be honest I never really mastered the art of baking at all and many of the gluten free recipes I’ve found online look not only time consuming but risky and costly so I’ve not experimented as much as I used to. I have a serious sweet tooth so passing on cakes and cookies at social gatherings has been though but I know what the outcome would be if I chose to indulge which keeps me in check, but still longing.
Recently many of my non gluten free friends have been blowing up Facebook with a recipe for “Slutty Brownies“. Ok so the name is wildly inappropriate I’ll admit, but this dessert is a chocolatey trifecta! The bottom layer is chocolate chip cookies followed by a layer of Oreos cookies then topped with brownies – what’s not to love?
On Friday a coworker brought in a batch to work and gave me one to try. I sniffed it for awhile weighing my options then decided that choosing to intentionally gluten myself the day before a 12 mile run was nothing short of insanity so I opted to give them to another coworker.  I watched her as she sunk her teeth into this heavenly treat, creepy yes, anxious to hear her response, which went a little something like this, “I’m in love.” It was at that moment I knew I had to figure out how to make a gluten free version of the “Slutty Brownie”.
There are a lot more gluten free options in the grocery stores these days for everything from Bisquick to Brownies.  I’ve experimented with a few and have found that some have a funky aftertaste while others taste very much like the full gluten versions of my past.
For this recipe  I choose Betty Crocker’s Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix in a box, mixed according to the directions , for my bottom layer;  for the middle layer I used Kinnikinnick Kinnitoos chocolate sandwich creme cookies; and for the top layer I used Betty Crocker’s Gluten Free Brownie Mix in a box, mixed according to directions.  It took a whopping 10 minutes to mix and assemble the ingredients. I placed each layer in an 8×8 glass pan and baked on 350 degrees for about 40 minutes.  It was just that easy and even more impressive, I didn’t burn them.
I waited a total of five minutes before I cut into them for a little taste test. The consistency and taste of each layer was just as I remembered. I cut up the rest of the pan once they cooled.  I was worried that they might crumble or fall apart but they came out perfectly. I enjoyed three-ish brownies today, my kids and husband each tried one and everyone gave them two big thumbs up.   I will definitely make these again, but next time I’ll try to show a little more self control.
 http://www.glutenfreeislife.com/?p=4822

No comments:

Post a Comment