Monday 16 April 2012

Messy Church 3

I've been so busy I missed posting the last 2 weeks of Messy Church.  Tuesday of Holy Week saw a predictable absence of folk.  I don't understand why folk think that Church Services stop for the school holidays.  Messy Church/Family Service is NOT a playgroup or club.  It's a Church Service and so runs every week, just as Sunday Services run every week.  We'll just have to educate them I suppose!

Holy Week.....weather too cold for the Easter Egg Hunt and we only had 2 folk so we made cards and ate pizza and had a lovely time.

Easter Week... I sent round a text so folk realised we were 'on' and we had much better attendance.  Once everyone had arrived and was busy with stencils and pictures I went round the Church garden gaily dropping Easter Eggs and then realised that anyone passing could come in and take them all so I dashed back in, gathered the children, showed them my empty basket and they were off.  Soon my basket was full again and much fun was had by all. They fell on the pizza and garlic bread with relish! and then went back to finish off their art work whilst I bagged up the little chocolate eggs and chicks.

Our service:  we had lots of little ones so we did the 'where is ...., there she is...' song (See and Know) adapting it to 'come to messy church' rather than 'see and know'.  Then we had the Easter story whilst sitting round the Easter Garden, a percussion accompanied song and quiet prayers.  D blessed the eggs and we all went home clutching works of art and bags of goodies.

Wednesday I spent the whole day preparing the next 2 months Messy Church activities.  It took the whole day but by teatime I had a shopping list and 9 week's activities planned.  This is especially important because we are away for 4 of those weeks and our helpers need plenty of notice of what they will be doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment