Tuesday 5 November 2013

LONG TIME NO BLOG!

It's such a long time since I posted anything here but life just got in the way.

First it was all the fruit and veg in the garden and I started jam making etc.
 



Then we had our holidays.
Then we had Messy Church to organise.

Then we had another holiday and came back with our granddaughter, who stayed for 6 months whilst she attended Bradford college.
And then our daughter decided she was getting married.....with a couple of months notice.





Then we took the granddaughter back and had a few days in France.

And so on............till  3 weeks ago when Mum was taken ill.  I spent 5 days at the hospital and then they arranged for her to go home to Springfield, where she died later in the day.  So then there was/is all the stuff that comes after a death. 

So here's to a new start.......we need to lose a bit of weight and so we, hubby and I, are going to have a go at the 5:2 diet.  The science seems to make sense, with the 2 fast days triggering the body's repair mechanisms, which results in weight loss and improved health.  I've tried cutting down generally....I always get up from meal still a bit hungry....that's deliberate........but I still don't lose weight.  SO........... let's hope that this will work. 

Today we weigh ourselves and set a target weight loss.  We're also going to measure our waists...apparently your waist should only be half your height and mine's a bit too big!  Of course, I'm the shape my Mum was at this age but that's no help is it?  She didn't lose weight till she was really, really old.....80 +....... so I need to do something now.

So, weight 64kgs
      waist   39 inches.............and I'm only 4ft 111/2 inches so something has to go!

Tomorrow is our first fast day....500 calories for me, 600 for hubby .... homemade soup and no bread at lunchtime and if we skip breakfast we'll be almost there.... if we can not snack this evening and have no alcohol then the fast will actually have started after this evening's meal so it shouldn't be so bad.



























No comments:

Post a Comment