Wednesday 21 March 2012

I'VE JUST SOLD MY MOBILE PHONE

What do you do when you smash your new, expensive mobile phone?  Claim on the insurance.  And if you don't have insurance?  You can sell it.  Really, even broken phones have a value.  

How to do it?  Get on the old internet and google 'sell my mobile'.



Top Dollar is a much recommended site and that's the one I used.  We had a collection of old/broken phones so I put in the details for each one and got a price.  My super duper smart phone, the one no-one even knows how it got broken, was worth £124.  I couldn't believe it.  Even the really old, simple phone was worth £1.50.

So, you get the price on the website and then you sent off details to the company.  They then send you a prepaid envelope with a proof of posting form and full instructions.  You charge up the phones, leave in the battery, remove the SIM and any memory card, bubble wrap and post.  Simple.  It really is that simple.  Keep the charger.  They don't want it.

Then you should get an email saying the phone(s) has arrived and how much will be credited into the bank, and that's it.  The money is in the bank in a couple of days.  A cheque takes a bit longer and they may make a small deduction to cover costs.

In my case I originally priced 5 phones but couldn't find a charger for one of them so only sent 4.  The company sent an email telling me of the discrepancy and we sorted it out.  This company is professional, fast and honest.  What more could you ask for? 

http://www.sellmymobile.com/topdollarmobile/

phone clipart from http://classroomclipart.com/






No comments:

Post a Comment